How to Easily Increase Internet Sales With These 5 Proven Tips
MANY CLIENTS ask my advice as a sales and marketing consultant because they are unable to make sales on their website, or their sales are very low.
In this article I am going to show you how to easily increase your website sales with 5 simple marketing tips.
- If you want to make sales and/or generate inquiries on your website, you must have persuasive and passionate sales text. Strong sales text is the number 1 most important aspect of a successful e-commerce website.
I see so many websites that have either no sales text or very brief sales text and then they wonder why they cannot make a sale.You have to excite people into wanting to buy what you are selling, and to do that you need to write exciting sales text that explains the most important benefits of your product or service.
To write great sales text put yourself in the situation of what would you say to a prospective customer if you were in a face-to-face sales meeting with them. Think of what questions they would have about your product or service and create answers to those questions.
If you are not sure how to do this, ask a friend or a colleague what would make them want to buy your product or service.
What questions would they have about your product or service?
If you are still uncomfortable about writing sales text for your website, hire a sales copywriter.
- Include your telephone number and a link to your contact form on every page of your website. Never make people search to find out how to contact you.Another reason why this is so important is that when you make it easy for people to contact you, they will trust you more.
They know you are not hiding from them.
How many times have you gone to a website and you were interested in buying something but there was no way to contact the company?
When I am interested in buying something online and the website does not include the company’s contact information, especially a telephone number, I do not buy.
- If you sell products on your website, make it easy for people to buy with a credit card. Both Google and Paypal have made it extremely easy and incredibly inexpensive to add credit card payment processing to your website.
- Add customer testimonials throughout your website. Few things in marketing work as well as customer testimonials. If you do not have any testimonials, one of the easiest ways to get them is to simply call your customers and ask them what they like most about your product or service. When they tell you, immediately write it down and say, “That was great! May I use that as a testimonial?” Nearly every person will say yes. It works like magic.
Another excellent tip for testimonials is to write the testimonial yourself, then email it to your client, asking, “Is it ok if I use this as a testimonial?”
They’ll almost always say yes… but no matter how much they love you, if you leave it for them to write it, it’ll never happen.
That’s just how people are…
- Offer a money-back guarantee. One of the biggest concerns people have about making a purchase, particularly online, is what happens if the product I buy is junk?
Will I get my money back or am I stuck with it? To immediately put your customer’s minds at ease, state your guarantee policy.
Let customers know that they have no risk in doing business with you and that you stand behind your product or service.
By adding money-back guarantees you will immediately see an increase in sales.
By implementing these 5 simple marketing tips, you will immediately see an increase in sales.
Until next time… Onwards and Upwards!
If you have any questions about improving your website traffic and sales, give John a call 0414 955 743 – advice is totally free of charge.