Big Changes in Local SEO for Small Businesses
Local 'mini-googles' take over from the Big G
Getting businesses more customers by using Local Search Engine Optimisation (Local SEO) has changed dramatically over the past 12 months.
Just when business owners were finally starting to “get” the importance of ranking well in Google, ranking in Google has become much less important.
Why Has Ranking In Google Become Less Important?
Ranking in Google has become less important because there are so many other more effective and cheaper ways to meet new customers. The main new way is through Social Media Marketing. But another very effective method is making use of local free business directories.
The best new Australian business directories are:
- Aussie Web
- Business Listings
- Come On Aussie
- Company List
- Flying Solo
- Hot Frog
- Local BD
- Local Business Guide
- Local Store
- Rave About It
- Shop Seek
- Start Local
- Super Pages
- True Local
- Website Link
- Yellow Book
- Yellow Pages
Some of these, like Sensis/Yellow Pages, are paid, but even the paid ones have a limited free option.
But most business owners are more than busy enough, simply running the day-to-day operations of their business. That’s why The More Customers Guy team can organise all your listings for you.
You simply need to provide us with: a few essentials about your business, and we do the rest.
What Do You Need to Provide to Get Your Business Listings Happening?
Directory submissions involve entering the same information repeatedly so it’s best to be prepared to avoid wasting a lot of time. Gather the following information into one document:
- 2-3 Business listing titles
- Submission email address
- Business contact email address
- Business phone number
- Social media links
- 2-3 unique business descriptions (Typically 200 words max)
- Square logo image (300px is best viewed on most websites)
- 5 business related images
- Business ABN
Having this data on hand to copy information will make the process much faster.
How Much Does This Cost?
First, these listings must be done by a real world person. Automatic software submission doesn’t cut it in these directories. They require manual corrections by a real person. It’s actually cheaper to simply use real people from the outset.
The cost is $12 per listing. If you need help organising things like your 200 word description, your logo, or your images, we have a Flat Fee – $120.
You Can Be Confident We Only Use Best Practices
In order to ensure your new listings begin with the best possible chance of success, we:
- Search each directory for the business name and URL (your website address) to ensure no duplicate listings are created.
- Use consistent login details for easy follow up.
- Make listings as complete as possible to maximize value.
- Vary titles and descriptions to create a unique listing each time.
- Use a dedicated email to separate confirmation and marketing emails from personal email.
- Check for confirmation emails immediately, after 5 days and then manually follow up any “stragglers”.
OK, Then What Comes Next?
Setting up your free business listings is only the very first part of a successful Social Media Marketing campaign
Next, you need to get your Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media accounts organised.
See how easy it is in our “Social Media Success Formula”.
And feel free to phone me personally 0414 955 743 any time, if you have any questions.